Ohio River Valley Business Development Program 2.0 Application
*Submission deadline extended!!! Accepting applications now until December 5th!
Ohio River Valley’s Business Development Program (ORVBDP) 2.0 is a comprehensive 7-month business development program designed for women business owners who want to build sustainable and scalable companies. At the core of this Program is a community of peers; classmates support and encourage one another to pursue business growth. The course is guided by certified program directors, course facilitators, and subject matter experts. The highly selective program is limited to 10 participants per class. Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years in business or comparable business experience and at least $500,000 in annual gross revenue.
Each applicant must commit to attend monthly sessions, submit a written rationale for why the company should be accepted into the Program, participate in a formal interview process, and have the willingness to be an active member of the Program. Corporations expects its participants to attend a once a month full day session, communicate with a business coach for up to two (2) hours of one-on-one coaching per month, and actively participate in group dialogue in each session.
Upon acceptance, submit payment of $1,850* which will cover the following:
– Kauffman FastTrac® Growth Venture materials and supplies.
– Two hours of one-on-one coaching per month for seven (7) months.
Note: A second person from the same company may attend at the reduced rate of $1,350.
The key objectives of the program are…
- To enhance the skills business owners need to manage and grow sustainable businesses.
- To increase the number of minority-owned and women-owned mid-sized firms.
- To foster an environment focused on growing the number of minority-owned and women-owned businesses that have more than one employee.
- Listening to Your Business.
- Leading the Organization & Sizing Up Your Business.
- Strengthening Products & Services & Managing Operations for Growth.
- Exploring Growth Opportunities & Leveraging Your Certification.
- Using Financial Tools & Seizing the Market.
- Charting Financial Performance & Making Strategic Decisions.
- Making it Happen.
- Participate in thought-provoking leadership training activities.
- Gain a broader perspective of business issues and the economic impact.
- Receive mentors picked by our partner organization.
- Participate in interactive problem solving sessions designed to strengthen business strategies.
- Expand professional networks and enhance personal relationships.
- Receive recognition and graduate with knowledge necessary to make substantial contributions to the quality of life across our region.
- Leave with a plan and strategies for leveraging your WBE certification.
*In-person sessions, classes will begin promptly at 9:00 A.M. at the Victoria’s Secret Reynoldsburg, OH campus
Friday, February 17, 2023
Session 1: Orientation & Listening to Your Business
Friday, March 17, 2023
Session 2: Leading the Organization & Sizing Up Your Business
Friday, April 21, 2023
Session 3: Strengthening Your Product or Service & Managing Operations for Growth
Friday, May 19, 2023
Session 4: Exploring Growth Opportunities & Seizing the Market
Friday, June 16, 2023
Session 5: Using Financial Tools & Leveraging Your Certification
Friday, July 21, 2023
Session 6: Charting Financial Performance & Making Strategic Decisions
Friday, August 18, 2023
Session 7: Making It Happen
Open to certified WBEs in the WBENC 14 regional partner organization network, Women’s Business Enterprise Ohio River Valley (WBEC ORV) in partnership with Victoria’s Secret is pleased to invite you to submit your application for participation in ORVBDP 2.0.
The confidential application must be completed in its entirety and returned with a copy of your business financial statement or tax return. Your application must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on Monday, December 5, 2022. Once all applications are received, we will contact you to participate in a formal interview process for acceptance into the program.
Participants are expected to attend all training sessions including one-on-one coaching. WBEC ORV reserves the right to change the program curriculum and scheduled dates as necessary. Please review the list of training dates to make certain that we can expect your full participation should you be selected. Please see the process timeline below:
Interview Process – Mid December
Notification to Selected Participants – Early January
Down Payment of $350 will be due by orientation on Friday, February 17, 2023
Graduation will be held at the Catch the Wave Regional Conference on Tuesday, August 29, 2023.
If you have questions, please contact Fesha Buie via email at [email protected].
This application must be returned to WBEC ORV no later than 4:30 p.m. on Monday, December 5, 2022. To be considered for this Program, this application must be completed in its entirety.